Getting up the googles today is not just about keywords and back links but a whole lot more.
Here below is a list of content marketing and SEO activities that you can consider. Not all may be appropriate but a lot of them can help not only increase your website ranking but drive important traffic to your site.
1. Press Release Submissions
2. Producing and publishing unique articles
3. Producing and publishing “how to articles”
4. Create and keep a face book page up to date
5. Use Twitter channels
6. Setup and Post to Google+
7. Increase your twitter followers
8. Have a Youtube channel
9. Put videos on Youtube
10. Have a blog on your website
11. Post to the blog
12. Participate in forums
13. Draft and submit articles to ezinarticles.com
14. Get Natural back links by link worthy articles
15. Like, share, tweet, reddit, and 1+ in order to get natural backlinks
16. Bookmark real content to leading Social Book marking sites as digg, delicious
17. Submit your website to leading Web directories as Dmoz.org On-Page work activities
18. Yellow Pages Submission
On Page Optimization Activities.
19. Meta tags/Title tag changes
20. Keyword research/Analysis
21. Competitor Analysis
22. Analysis by our Paid SEOMoz Program
23. Heading tag changes
24. Alt tag changes
25. Interlinking wherever required.
26. Keyword density in site content.
27. HTML Site Map
28. XML site map and Submission in webmaster tool
29. Ror.XML File creation
30. Robots.Txt File creation Extra work activities
31. Google Webmaster tool
32. Google Analytics
33. Html to text ratio optimization
34. Keyword Prominence
If you need any help with any of these please give me a shout or if you can recommend any other useful tips please let me know.